UCC Science for All FINAL
@7pm 5th April 2016
University College Cork
Western Gateway Building lecture theatre G05
MC Ms Kathriona Devereux, Science Broadcaster & Producer
• Ade Fajemisin - Optimal and Responsible Forest Harvesting
• Vanessa Las Heras - Your western diet: Impact of your diet on Listeria monocytogenes infection
• Tadhg Fitzgerald - Fiddling with settings to make programmes run faster
• Carol McCarthy - Sense and Solubility; Using Silica to Make New Medicines for Patients
• Jonathan Keane - The Modern Microbiome and Colon Cancer
• Nicola Ronan - A breath of fresh air: What happens when doors are opened in cystic fibrosis?
• Richard O’Shea - “Greening the gas grid, the low hanging fruit”
8.45pm Intermission Snatch Comedy Improv
9.15 Prize Giving
ALL WELCOME Admission FREE
The Science for All competition is organised jointly by the College of Science, Engineering and Food Science, www.ucc.ie/en/sefs and two Science Foundation Ireland funded research centres, the APC Microbiome Institute (http://apc.ucc.ie), and the Irish Photonics Integration Centre (IPIC; www.ipic.ie ).