APC Mission, Vision & Aims
Linking Irish science with industry and society through excellence in research, education and public engagement in gastrointestinal health
- to be a world leader, an agent of change, delivering on our mission with excellence and impact
- teamwork, leadership, intellectual honesty, excellence, impact and the creation and maintenance of an environment conducive to learning and innovation.
Spirit of APC
- The Spirit of APC policy document summarises the fundamental operating principles underpinning our centre.
- Interview with Paul Ross, Director
- To investigate the means by which intestinal microbiota influence health and disease, and to position Ireland at the forefront of this exciting research area
- To develop new therapies for lifelong debilitating gastrointestinal conditions such as inflammatory conditions of the gut, GI infections, cystic fibrosis, metabolic disorder
- To explore commercial opportunities in the pharma, food, diagnostics and veterinary sectors to develop economic benefit for Ireland and a societal benefit for patients and consumers
- To develop robust collaborations with industry partners with similar scientific goals
- To develop the scientific leaders of tomorrow by attracting the brightest and most enthusiastic students to our postgraduate programme and creating a research and training environment for all APC researchers that is renowned for its excellence
- To provide a resource for industry by delivering a high level of expertise, know-how and facilities
- To actively promote communication with government, Irish and international industry and the public, in particular schools and young people, on issues such as gastrointestinal disorders, probiotics and functional foods as well as keeping the public abreast of new research discoveries