The APC’s Education and Outreach Programme aims to promote an understanding and interest in APC research, and the role of science in society, through communication with stakeholders. The Microbe Magic @ School programme develops educational activities for primary schools which aim to support teachers in biological aspects of the science curriculum and stimulate an interest in science in 10-12 year old students.
- Visits by APC scientists to schools are available during Science Week and throughout the school year. Support material is available to teachers. If you would like an APC scientist to visit your school please send us a completed talks-for-primary-school-form-2017
- MicrobeMagic website suitable for school students, teachers and parents. You will meet characters such as GI Jake, a bifidobacterium, and Luke O’Cyte, a white blood cell, together with educational multimedia games, experiments, quizzes and competitions or have your questions asked by an APC scientist!
- Our Alimentary Canal poster (available on request)
- PRIMARY TEACHERS: APC participates in Exploring Science at Lifetime Lab annual Dept. Education approved Summer Course.
- Organising committee and participant for Cork Science Festival
- Participation in BT Young Scientists Exhibition
For all schools’ activities please contact Eimear Ferguson email@example.com; tel 021 4901313