The APC’s Education and Public Engagement Programme aims to promote an understanding of and interest in APC research, and the role of science in society, through communication with stakeholders. The Microbe Magic @ School programme develops educational activities for primary schools which aim to support teachers in the biological aspects of the science curriculum and stimulate an interest in science in 10-12-year-old students.
- Visits by APC scientists to schools are available throughout the school year. Support material is available to teachers. If you would like an APC scientist to visit your school please send us a completed form Download here
- MicrobeMagic website suitable for school students, teachers and parents. You will meet characters such as GI Jake, a bifidobacterium, and Luke O’Cyte, a white blood cell, together with educational multimedia games, experiments, quizzes and competitions or have your questions asked by an APC scientist!
- CPD for PRIMARY School Teachers : APC participates in Exploring Science at Lifetime Lab annual Dept. Education approved Summer Course.
- APC is on the Organising committee and participates Cork Science Festival
- Mentoring of school science projects e.g. RDS Primary Science
For all schools’ activities please contact Catherine Buckley email@example.com tel 021 4903362