APC Microbiome Ireland is committed to sustaining an engaged and agile community. We have established an “APC Wellbeing Committee” to raise awareness of issues around wellbeing at work and seek input from our APC Community, so that students, researchers and staff can reach their full potential in the workplace and live healthy and balanced lives. The Wellbeing Committee is made up of PhD students, postdocs, investigators and operations staff from across APC.
Some of the initiatives that we have introduced to date include;
- A panel of APC Wellbeing Committee and Wellbeing Supporters (UCC and Teagasc) who are happy to have an informal chat if you have queries you would like to talk through queries.
- Lunch-time activities – an opportunity to meet peers in an informal setting, and get to know new people
- Yummy recipes!
- World Microbiome Day 2020 APC Wellbeing Recipes Week 1
- World Microbiome Day 2020 APC Wellbeing Recipes Week 2
- World Microbiome Day 2020 APC Wellbeing Recipes Week 3
- Random acts of kindness!
Running group – Mondays at 1pm, leave from in front of the Biosciences Building, UCC. Options for 4km or 6km runs
Walking group – Mondays at 1pm, leave from in front of the Biosciences Building, UCC. 45min walk
Boardgames group – Thursdays at 1.15pm in the 4thfloor common area, Biosciences Building
Below are links to UCC and Teagasc websites where staff, researchers and students can get access to up-to-date information on institutional health and well-being matters.
UCC Staff Wellbeing https://www.ucc.ie/en/hr/wellbeingdevelopment/wellbeing/
UCC Student Wellbeing Supports https://www.ucc.ie/en/studenthealth/
Teagasc Wellbeing Supports http://tnet.teagasc.net/employee_wellbeing/emp_assist_programme.asp