APC Microbiome Institute Sequencing Platform
The APC Microbiome Institutes state of the art DNA sequencing technology allows researchers to:
- Accurately assess the composition or functional potential of the gut microbiota and microbiota of other environments (16S/ Shotgun metagenomic, RNAseq transcriptomics).
- Assess the microbiota impact on health and disease.
- Establish the impact of interventions (dietary, probiotic, prebiotic, antibiotic and/or chemotherapeutic) on these populations.
- Decipher the associated health promoting mechanisms of action of specific health promoting strains.
- Ensure the absence of virulence factors and assess the suitability of health-promoting strains for large scale industrial production.
- Facilitate the sequencing of host eukaryote DNA with RNAseq being particularly advantageous.
The services that the Sequencing Platform offers to users are:
- Project Design
- Standard and Custom Library Generation
- De Novo Sequencing of Genomes
- Re-Sequencing of Genomes
- Microbiome composition
- Functional genomics
- Transcriptome sequencing
- Data Assembly
- Data analyses